Shed Skin (restricted) Python-to-C++ Compiler 0.0.28

Discussion in 'Python' started by srepmub, Jun 3, 2008.

  1. srepmub

    srepmub Guest

    Hi all,

    I have just released Shed Skin 0.0.28, with the following changes.
    Thanks to those mentioned for helping out!

    - basic 'socket' support (Michael Elkins)
    - support for os.{popen3, popen4} under UNIX (Jaroslaw Tworek)
    - support for time.strptime under Windows (David Marek)
    - options for changing output dir, disabling annotation (Dave Tweed)
    - support for 'cmp' and 'reverse' arguments of 'sorted' and
    'list.sort'
    - fixes for cross-module default arguments
    - important fixes for type inference and inheritance
    - restore compatibility with Python 2.3
    - many minor bugfixes

    I would really like to receive more bug reports. Please try out the
    new version, and let me know about any problems.

    With the socket support, 15 common modules are now largely supported.
    For a 0.1 release, I'd really like to have support for one more
    module: datetime. Thanks to the GHOP, there is a type model already
    (lib/datetime.py), so we only still need a C++ implementation..

    http://shedskin.googlecode.com

    Thanks,
    Mark Dufour.

    srepmub, Jun 3, 2008