Shell Commands in Python Code

Sara Khalatbari

There are a lot of commands that I need to use in my
code & I don't know how to do it

Is there a way to use shell commands in Python code?

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Paul Watson

Sara Khalatbari said:
There are a lot of commands that I need to use in my
code & I don't know how to do it

Is there a way to use shell commands in Python code?

Yes, there are many popen() forms that you may wish to investigate. Below
is a brief clip. However, if you can find the functionality already built
into Python, such as globbing filenames, that would be better. It will be
more portable to more systems and probably faster.

x = os.popen("ls -al")
for aline in x.readlines():
print aline,

F. Petitjean

Le Sat, 7 May 2005 08:55:35 -0700 (PDT), Sara Khalatbari a écrit :
There are a lot of commands that I need to use in my
code & I don't know how to do it

Is there a way to use shell commands in Python code?
Python is a scrpting language. So you can substitute most shell scripts
idioms with pythonic ones. A large number of shell scripts can be
replaced with python scripts without any semantic loss.