ShellExecute and Process

Guest

Hello Guys,

I am trying to execute a .exe file from a web application
using shell command. But somehow I am not able to make it
work.

The strange thing is when I use the same code and
transform it into a windows application, it works fine. My
question is: Are "Shell", "ShellExecute" and "Process"
limited to windows applications or can they be used with
web applications?

If they can be used, how can I use them to execute a .exe
file(with arguments) in web applications.

I would truly appreciate any pointers!

Thanks in advance

AW

These can also be used in a Web application. To start an exe with arguments,
just write:
Process p = new Process();

p.StartInfo.FileName=@"C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\winword.exe";

p.StartInfo.Arguments="..";

p.Start();

However, be aware that the process is started on the *server*, not on the
*client*. That may be why you think that it doesn't start.