ShellExecute Question

John

All:

Is there a way to issue a ShellExecute function in such a way that it
doesn't first draw a DOS window on the screen?

Here is the command line:

ShellExecute( NULL, "open", "C:\\target_directory\\command_name.jar",
"logname.log", "C:\\", SW_MAXIMIZE);

Thanks!

John

Victor Bazarov

John said:
Is there a way to issue a ShellExecute function in such a way that it
doesn't first draw a DOS window on the screen?

Here is the command line:

ShellExecute( NULL, "open", "C:\\target_directory\\command_name.jar",
"logname.log", "C:\\", SW_MAXIMIZE);

If there is, comp.lang.c++ is not the place to ask about it. Please post
your Microsoft Windows questions to comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

James Rafter

All:
Is there a way to issue a ShellExecute function in such a way that it
doesn't first draw a DOS window on the screen?

Here is the command line:

ShellExecute( NULL, "open", "C:\\target_directory\\command_name.jar",
"logname.log", "C:\\", SW_MAXIMIZE);

Thanks!

John
Of course this is off topic in this newgroup but...

I had the same question but for the standard C library function
system(). I was trying to make a shell call be as portable as possible
and the system() function seemed reasonable. On Windows XP, of course,
I got the DOS window but would have liked a background shell or
something similiar.

I'm hoping responses will direct us to the proper newsgroup. Outside
of comp.lang. I'm completely lost.