shelling from .aspx

sam

Im trying to shell a simple console application from an ASP.NET web form.
I use the vb command:
Shell(sShellPath, AppWinStyle.NormalFocus, True)

It executes the line of code without any errors but nothing happens. The
console application is not executed. I had a review of my security settings
and there doesn't seem to be any problem there.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sam

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Where are you trying to run this program? On the server?
You can run command line apps on the server.
However apps with real windows UI require a desktop under which to run, and
the ASPNET account does not have one.

sam

Hi Steve,
Yes Im trying to run this on the server, so the specified
path is local to the IIS server. The console application
does not have an interface. Everything works in
development but it doesn't work on the target deployment
server. Odd.

Thanks
Sam