shift operations

Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Hello
Can anyone give me an example of each case below?
because i do not understand what do they mean:

Circular right shift of A
Circular left shift of A
Right shift of A with feed in 0
Left shift of A with feed in 0
Right shift of A with MSB replication
Left shift of A with LSB replication

thanks for the help everyone :D

Joined
Mar 10, 2008
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Search the net for the interactive book Evita VHDL - (download free)
Page 5.3.5 will give you the answers.

Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
thank you very much
can you then check for me:

Circular left shift of A if we have 11000011 then we will have 00001111

Left shift of A with feed in 0 11000011 becomes 00001100

Left shift of A with LSB replication
i don't get the last one

Thank you jeppe
btw why do we do 2 shifts in each case?

Joined
Dec 9, 2009
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I can''t give you my code because we are working on the same project...I know who you are and you will be reported to Dean's warning
M.F

Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
qwerty321 said:
I can''t give you my code because we are working on the same project...I know who you are and you will be reported to Dean's warning
M.F

Do what u want 8)