shipping and handling calculations ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?cHBhdGVs?=, May 4, 2004.

  1. In shopping cart I have a Product Quantity and Unitcost per product.

    Should I calculate shipping (per item weight * Quantity) for each item or should I add up total weight and calculate shipping rate. See my examples,

    e.g (1)

    ProductID Quantity Weight(per item) subtotal calculate Shipping rate
    1 3 0.5 lb 1.5 lb $ 1.30 (e.g)
    2 2 1 lb 2 lb $ 2.00

    Or

    e.g (2)

    ProductID Quantity Weight(per item) subtotal
    1 3 0.5 lb 1.5 lb
    2 2 1 lb 2 lb

    calculate Shipping rate $ 3.00 (e.g)

    Any ideas...

    Are there any webservices for UPS, USPS or FedEx to query shipping and Handling rates..

    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?cHBhdGVs?=, May 4, 2004