    Is there a "standard" way to do this? I didn't find anything in the docs.

    Thanks.
    Miki

    Miki Tebeka, May 10, 2004

  2. Miki Tebeka <> writes:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I've extended a C++ project with Python.
    > I'd like to ship the new project with all the required Python modules
    > but *without* installing Python on client machines.
    >
    > I know that py2exe/Installer/cx_freeze ... know how to find which
    > modules are needed and pack them.
    >
    > Is there a "standard" way to do this? I didn't find anything in the docs.

    py2exe and cx_freeze (not 100% sure about the latter) use modulefinder
    to find the modules needed. Installer has it's own mf5.py.

    Or you use py2exe to build a zip-compatible archive, and insert it into
    sys.path in your program. Do not specify any of the console and windows
    options, and pass your 'main-module' with the --includes command line
    option. py2exe will happily create a dist directory for you, without an
    exe-file.

    Thomas

    Thomas Heller, May 10, 2004

  3. Miki Tebeka

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Thomas,

    > Or you use py2exe to build a zip-compatible archive, and insert it into
    > sys.path in your program. Do not specify any of the console and windows
    > options, and pass your 'main-module' with the --includes command line
    > option. py2exe will happily create a dist directory for you, without an
    > exe-file.

    Great! thanks.
    Miki

    Miki Tebeka, May 11, 2004
  4. Miki Tebeka

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Thomas,

    > Or you use py2exe to build a zip-compatible archive, and insert it into
    > sys.path in your program. Do not specify any of the console and windows
    > options, and pass your 'main-module' with the --includes command line
    > option. py2exe will happily create a dist directory for you, without an
    > exe-file.

    Great! thanks.
    Miki

    Miki Tebeka, May 11, 2004
  5. Miki Tebeka <> writes:

    > Hello Thomas,
    >
    >> Or you use py2exe to build a zip-compatible archive, and insert it into
    >> sys.path in your program. Do not specify any of the console and windows
    >> options, and pass your 'main-module' with the --includes command line
    >> option. py2exe will happily create a dist directory for you, without an
    >> exe-file.

    > Great! thanks.

    If this works for you, it would be great if you write up a small recipe
    into the py2exe wiki.

    Thomas

    Thomas Heller, May 11, 2004
  6. Miki Tebeka