Shopping Cart

Ross Mac

I am real new to this web design stuff...2 weeks experience and self taught.
I was able to get half a dozen pages up using templates and Dreamweaver MX.
Having said that, I have spent many years writing software in several
languages so I do have a bit of a clue. My question is, can anyone recommend
a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with to
learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt it
into my pages.
Thanks in advance, Ross

Brett

can anyone recommend
a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with to
learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt it
into my pages.

Well, neither of these are in java but they are pretty good shopping carts.
Oscommerce ( http://oscommerce.com/ ) is in php and has a lot of web based
setup...so very little coding is involved unless you want to modify a lot of
it. Commerce-Cgi ( http://commerce-cgi.com/ ) is another good one that is
written in perl.

Toby A Inkster

Ross said:
can anyone recommend
a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with to
learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt it
into my pages.

Shopping carts requires server-side programming (CGI, JSP, ASP, PHP,
ColdFusion, etc) -- it can't be done with Java[1] or HTML.

[1] Although of course Java is the basis for JSP, and CGI applications
could be written in Java -- I just have a feeling that you were not
referring to Java on the server-side.

Ross Mac

Toby A Inkster said:
Ross said:
can anyone recommend
a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with to
learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt it
into my pages.

Shopping carts requires server-side programming (CGI, JSP, ASP, PHP,
ColdFusion, etc) -- it can't be done with Java[1] or HTML.

[1] Although of course Java is the basis for JSP, and CGI applications
could be written in Java -- I just have a feeling that you were not
referring to Java on the server-side.
Like I said....I am a newbie...I will look into this!....thanks for you
suggestions....Ross