    learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt it
    into my pages.
    Thanks in advance, Ross
    Ross Mac, Nov 9, 2003

  2. Ross Mac

    Brett Guest

    >can anyone recommend
    > a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with to
    > learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt

    it
    > into my pages.

    Well, neither of these are in java but they are pretty good shopping carts.
    Oscommerce ( http://oscommerce.com/ ) is in php and has a lot of web based
    setup...so very little coding is involved unless you want to modify a lot of
    it. Commerce-Cgi ( http://commerce-cgi.com/ ) is another good one that is
    written in perl.

    --
    Brett
    Provision Tech
    Brett, Nov 9, 2003

  3. Ross Mac wrote:

    > can anyone recommend
    > a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with to
    > learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to adapt it
    > into my pages.

    Shopping carts requires server-side programming (CGI, JSP, ASP, PHP,
    ColdFusion, etc) -- it can't be done with Java[1] or HTML.

    [1] Although of course Java is the basis for JSP, and CGI applications
    could be written in Java -- I just have a feeling that you were not
    referring to Java on the server-side.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Nov 9, 2003
  4. Ross Mac

    Ross Mac Guest

    "Brett" <> wrote in message
    > >can anyone recommend
    > > a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with

    > > learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to

    adapt
    > it
    > > into my pages.

    > Well, neither of these are in java but they are pretty good shopping

    carts.
    > Oscommerce ( http://oscommerce.com/ ) is in php and has a lot of web based
    > setup...so very little coding is involved unless you want to modify a lot

    of
    > it. Commerce-Cgi ( http://commerce-cgi.com/ ) is another good one that is
    > written in perl.
    >
    > --
    > Brett
    > Provision Tech
    > http://www.provisiontech.net

    Thanks so much Brett!.....Ross
    Ross Mac, Nov 9, 2003
  5. Ross Mac

    Ross Mac Guest

    "Toby A Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Ross Mac wrote:
    >
    > > can anyone recommend
    > > a public domain shopping cart template or script I can play around with

    > > learn more about this java and html stuff and maybe even be able to

    adapt it
    > > into my pages.

    > Shopping carts requires server-side programming (CGI, JSP, ASP, PHP,
    > ColdFusion, etc) -- it can't be done with Java[1] or HTML.
    >
    > [1] Although of course Java is the basis for JSP, and CGI applications
    > could be written in Java -- I just have a feeling that you were not
    > referring to Java on the server-side.
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    > Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

    Like I said....I am a newbie...I will look into this!....thanks for you
    suggestions....Ross
    Ross Mac, Nov 9, 2003