    --

    Matt

    "Gravity. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!"
    MattB, Jan 7, 2004

  2. MattB

    Ron Vecchi Guest

    I ran into problems before with using session for keeping track of shopping
    cart.

    I'm not quite sure of the shared hosts server configuration but what was
    happening was that when I accessed the secured server (https://) for the
    checkoput process session state was being lost. They must have had no
    global session storage scheme. But I ended up maintaining my shopping cart
    sessions in a database.

    "MattB" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a commonly agreed upon "best" way to do a shopping cart? I've
    > done on in the past that was one big session variable in xml. Each time

    they

    Ron Vecchi, Jan 8, 2004