shopping cart

Gregor Kofler

frank meinte:
Maybe, but where do I get started?

Shopping carts are firstly server side stuff. JS is just for the
eye-candy. I'm pretty sure there zillions of
name-your-favourite-server-side-scripting-language shopping carts once
you start google. [1]

Gregor

[1] "php shopping cart" gives me 1,450,000 hits. Start reading.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Gregor said:
frank meinte:
Maybe, but where do I get started?

Shopping carts are firstly server side stuff. JS is just for the
eye-candy. I'm pretty sure there zillions of
name-your-favourite-server-side-scripting-language shopping carts once
you start google. [1]
[...]
[1] "php shopping cart" gives me 1,450,000 hits. Start reading.

Some might find it tiresome, but I think it is important to point out that
it is unwise to put ECMAScript implementations ("JS") in the client-side
corner or PHP in the server-side one. Both are just programming languages;
their places of use are determined by the actual use-case.

However, if the OP was to create a shopping cart using a server-side
ECMAScript implementation such as Microsoft JScript (.NET) in ASP (.NET) on
IIS-compatibles, it is likely that questions regarding it here would be
off-topic unless they dealt only with the programming language and not with
the underlying server-side application framework.

PointedEars