  1. frank

    frank Guest

    can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

    frank, Oct 26, 2008

  2. frank

    Stevo Guest

    frank wrote:
    > can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

    I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
    cart functionality.

    Stevo, Oct 26, 2008

  3. frank

    frank Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:03:04 +0100, Stevo wrote:

    > frank wrote:
    >> can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

    > I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
    > cart functionality.

    Maybe, but where do I get started?

    frank, Oct 26, 2008
  4. frank meinte:
    > On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 15:03:04 +0100, Stevo wrote:
    >
    >> frank wrote:
    >>> can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

    >> I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
    >> cart functionality.

    > Maybe, but where do I get started?

    Shopping carts are firstly server side stuff. JS is just for the
    eye-candy. I'm pretty sure there zillions of
    name-your-favourite-server-side-scripting-language shopping carts once
    you start google. [1]

    Gregor

    [1] "php shopping cart" gives me 1,450,000 hits. Start reading.

    Gregor Kofler, Oct 26, 2008
  5. frank

    frank Guest

    On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:14:54 +0000, frank wrote:

    > can anyone point me to a free shopping-cart script?

    Thank you both. I'm convinced.

    frank, Oct 26, 2008
  6. Gregor Kofler wrote:
    > frank meinte:
    >>> I think you're grossly under-estimating what's involved in a shopping
    >>> cart functionality.

    >> Maybe, but where do I get started?

    > Shopping carts are firstly server side stuff. JS is just for the
    > eye-candy. I'm pretty sure there zillions of
    > name-your-favourite-server-side-scripting-language shopping carts once
    > you start google. [1]
    > [...]
    > [1] "php shopping cart" gives me 1,450,000 hits. Start reading.

    Some might find it tiresome, but I think it is important to point out that
    it is unwise to put ECMAScript implementations ("JS") in the client-side
    corner or PHP in the server-side one. Both are just programming languages;
    their places of use are determined by the actual use-case.

    However, if the OP was to create a shopping cart using a server-side
    ECMAScript implementation such as Microsoft JScript (.NET) in ASP (.NET) on
    IIS-compatibles, it is likely that questions regarding it here would be
    off-topic unless they dealt only with the programming language and not with
    the underlying server-side application framework.

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict