    fp200 and access97? Thank you in advance for all your help.
    Thank You,
    Jim

    Jimmy Tran, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Jimmy Tran

    Ray at Guest

    "Jimmy Tran" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everyone,
    > I have a 2 part question. One is that is there anyway I could use
    > cookies or anyother method so that when my visitor visits my site, it
    > will display "Hello ComputerA" where ComputerA is the name of the
    > computer the visitor is using.

    You cannot get the name of the computer from ASP. (This isn't entirely
    true, actually.) You can get the IP from
    request.servervarablies("remote_host"). To get the name of the computer,
    you'd have to do a reverse dns lookup or some other means of resolving the
    name by IP. This would only work in an intranet environment, typically.

    My other question: I have frontpage2000
    > and access 97, i tried to create a webdatabase wizard using fp2000, then
    > i go to the folder where the database was created by fp and tried to
    > open the database(.mdb) file in access97 and it prompted "Unrecognized
    > database format c:\foldername\file.mdb". Could this be because i have
    > fp200 and access97? Thank you in advance for all your help.

    I'm not familiar with this "web database wizard" but I imagine it creates an
    mdb in the Access 2000/2002 format. Access 97 uses a different format and
    it cannot recognized dbs in the 2000 or 2002 format. You'd be best off
    getting Access 2000. If you can't do that, you'll have to create the DB in
    Access yourself if you want to be able to open it in Access. But, iirc, if
    you want to use an Access 97 DB in ASP pages, you'll have to use an ODBC
    connection to connect to it. I could be wrong about that though.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 28, 2003