    Should I stop here and reinstall everything including microsoft operating
    system???????

    Thanks for your attention

    =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=, Sep 4, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=

    Timothy V Guest

    Which Windows edition is it?

    Timothy V, Sep 5, 2004

  3. XP Professional.

    =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=, Sep 5, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=

    Hermit Dave Guest

    yeah i would suggest a re-install (OS and the rest)... you could have
    re-installed everything and would have it all working by now.

    or you could mess about.. and dig around.. i prefer to call a re-install
    after a certain point.

    once you have it working and set up the way you like it.. take a backup..
    use something like driveimage. so next time when you face something similar
    you just restore the partition off the backup.

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave
    (http://hdave.blogspot.com)
    > XP Professional.
    >
    > "Timothy V" wrote:
    >
    > > Which Windows edition is it?
    > >

    > > "URGENT..Please" <> wrote in

    message

    Hermit Dave, Sep 5, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=

    Greg Burns Guest

    (I take it that no of this applied since you reposted a second time...)

    Two questions:

    #1 Have you just installed SP1 for DotNetFramework?

    #2 Had you changed your ASPNET users's password in the machine.config file
    on your workstation?

    If your machine.config file has a hardcoded password where it by default
    would say AutoGenerate then this may be your problem. <processModel ...
    userName="machine" password="AutoGenerate" />

    I have not confirmed this yet, but I think installing SP1 re-autogenerates
    the ASPNET users' password. So, you will need to go reset it back to
    whatever you manually changed it to before to match your machine.config
    (under processModel).

    This is just my theory. I will find out for sure on Tuesday.

    Greg

    Greg Burns, Sep 5, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=

    Greg Burns Guest

    > > > Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.

    If you did that you are definately going to have problems until you
    reinstall .NET again. When you manually recreate the ASPNET user, .NET
    won't know what the password is unless you hard code it into web.config.

    See my other response to your original post. (May not apply, but if you
    don't tell us how will we know???)

    Greg

    > XP Professional.
    >
    > "Timothy V" wrote: