Should one convert to ASP.NET 2.0 now

Guest

Hello,

There are several production applications running on a web server. .NET
framework 2.0 has been installed on the server, eventually new products will
be built again 2.0 and deployed to the web server.
My question is should existing applications be converted from 1.1 to 2.0
framework. Any advantages in doing so, or just headaches?

Thank you

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

If you've got the time, go ahead, but I wouln't consider it a high priority.
Don't fix what isn't broken, as they say.

The most compelling reason I could see to upgrade your existing apps is if
you want to simplify them by taking advantage of the new features of ASP.NET
2.0. This could improve maintenance headaches in the future.