show a select menu according to a rule from Database

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by work4u, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. work4u

    work4u Guest

    My case is from the client site web page, there is a select menu, on a
    form,
    which dynamically show all data from a database

    But the data under this select menu which need to follow a rule which
    on a field on database,
    that is mean everytime when i change the data on this field, select
    menu will show different
    order number due to rule change.

    for example:

    a record in a field: " 1-10|1,10.5-12|0.5,13-10|-1 "

    that is mean from list all number from 1 to 10 increase by 1, from
    10.5 to 15, increase by 0.5,
    and from 16 to 20 increase by 1.

    so the select menu will list all the result as followed:

    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10.5,11,11.5,12,13,12,11,10

    my question is how to set this rule on this ASP page ?

    please reply with the sample code.

    thank you very much

    work4u, Jan 8, 2004