    different?

    Thanks
    Bruno
    Bruno, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Bruno

    PretLetters Guest

    Bruno wrote:
    > I have some pages, which show a lot of data, that's why the loading process
    > is a little bit long. How can I change the cursors layout to look something
    > different?

    I don't understand what the first (loading slow because of a lot of
    data) has to do with the second (looks of cursor)? You seem to imply a
    correlation, I don't think is there.

    Please provide URL. And explain what you want to do with the cursor
    (that is mainly part of the browser chrome, which means that usually it
    is a bad idea to mess with it).

    --
    -- --<--@ -- PretLetters: 'woest wyf', met vele interesses: ----------
    weblog | http://home.wanadoo.nl/b.de.zoete/_private/weblog.html
    PretLetters, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Bruno

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, PretLetters scraped:

    > I don't understand what the first (loading slow because of a lot of
    > data) has to do with the second (looks of cursor)? You seem to imply a
    > correlation, I don't think is there.

    There is a correlation, or sorts anyway. The page is loading slowly,
    because it is big, which causes the cursor to be displayed as a
    /working/ cursor, eg. a timer of sorts. The correlation is here is that
    the larger the page, the longer the amount of time the /working/ cursor
    is shown.

    Of course, this is the default behaviour, and is something the user
    expects. You shouldn't try to change it.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    "He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit" - Anon
    Dylan Parry, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Bruno

    PretLetters Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Using a pointed stick and pebbles, PretLetters scraped:
    >
    >> I don't understand what the first (loading slow because of a lot of
    >> data) has to do with the second (looks of cursor)? You seem to imply a
    >> correlation, I don't think is there.

    > The correlation is here is that
    > the larger the page, the longer the amount of time the /working/ cursor
    > is shown.

    I understand. But I thought that the cursor is still 'working', that is
    it changes appearance as it moves over a link for example. So there is
    no need to change anything, right?

    PretLetters, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Bruno

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, PretLetters scraped:

    > So there is no need to change anything, right?

    Like I said, it's the default behaviour and the one that the user
    expects; so no, there is no need to change anything and indeed you
    shouldn't even attempt to do so :)

    --
    Dylan Parry

    "If you can find something everyone agrees on, it's wrong" - Mo Udall
    Dylan Parry, Sep 23, 2005