Show Details/Hide Details link button

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=, Mar 13, 2006.

  1. Hello All:

    I want to create a datagrid that looks like the following (here SHOW DETAILS
    and HIDE DETAILS would be link buttons which display detail information.
    Effectively they would toggle the detail information for a datarow in the
    datagrid):

    Header1 Header2 Header3
    SHOW DEATILS value 123 myEntry1
    SHOW DEATILS value 123 myEntry2
    HIDE DEATILS value 123 myEntry3

    detail information about myEntry3 goes here.

    SHOW DEATILS value 123 myEntry4

    I can populate the grid w/o any problem. I have the data. How would I
    implement the showing/hiding feature? Effectively it needs to show/hide a
    couple of rows within the grid.

    Does anyone know how to do this?

    TIA,
    --
    Joe
    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=, Mar 13, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    dkode Guest

    Search around on google for "Master Detail Datagrid" There was an
    article I read somewhere that describes how to do this.

    If i dig up the code I will post, but it was awhile ago.
    dkode, Mar 13, 2006