Show GreyBox Pop Up Only Once?

sixstringsk

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this, so bear with me...

I need a cookie that will make the pop up that displays (wait 10
seconds) only pop up once
per user. How can I do that with a cookie? PLEASE HELP

Here's the site: http://www.saveourbones.com/

Thanks in advance! You guys rock!

sixstringsk

What did you try? What error messages did you see?

<URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1>

<URL:http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript+cookies>

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply—I actually don't know where to start, so I
didn't try anything. The pop up window is on a 10 second delay and is
called using the "onload="Func1Delay()"" function. Does that help?

I would be happy to pay someone via PayPal if they can give me the
code to add, so that the pop only shows once per visitor.

Thanks!

Peter Michaux

[snip]

The pop up window is on a 10 second delay and is
called using the "onload="Func1Delay()"" function. Does that help?

I would be happy to pay someone via PayPal if they can give me the
code to add, so that the pop only shows once per visitor.

Usually code requests on comp.lang.javascript are ignored as someone
wants a free lunch. You say you are willing to pay so this is a test
of human honesty.

<head>
<title>cookie test</title>

<script type="text/javascript">
// the already existing code
function Func1Delay() {
window.open('http://groups.google.com/group/
comp.lang.javascript')
}
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
// the new code
function onlyOnce() {
if (document.cookie.indexOf("hasSeen=true") == -1) {
var later = new Date();
later.setFullYear(later.getFullYear()+10);
document.cookie = "hasSeen=true;expires="+later.toGMTString();
// call the old function
Func1Delay();
</script>

</head>

---------

Paypal is actually having some problems right now. Please send me an
email and we can discuss payment.

Peter