Show/Hide Div

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by shapper, Oct 29, 2007.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I want to fade in a DIV, to X % Opacity, and fade it out after N
    seconds or if the user clicks a place outside that DIV.

    The DIV should be, if possible, placed in screen center over all other
    content.

    The function should have the following inputs, as far as I know:
    divID, finalOpacity (X), delay (N)

    I found similar samples but uses JQuery:
    http://binarybonsai.com/misc/humanmsg/
    http://icebeat.bitacoras.com/mootools/growl/

    Could someone, please, help me out with this?

    Thank You,
    Miguel

    shapper, Oct 29, 2007

  2. shapper

    Evertjan. Guest

    shapper wrote on 30 okt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to fade in a DIV, to X % Opacity, and fade it out after N
    > seconds or if the user clicks a place outside that DIV.
    >
    > The DIV should be, if possible, placed in screen center over all other
    > content.
    >
    > The function should have the following inputs, as far as I know:
    > divID, finalOpacity (X), delay (N)
    >
    > I found similar samples but uses JQuery:
    > http://binarybonsai.com/misc/humanmsg/
    > http://icebeat.bitacoras.com/mootools/growl/
    >
    > Could someone, please, help me out with this?
    >
    > Thank You,
    > Miguel

    What? Again?

    Please make your own home assignment.