Show Panel When Uploading

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Homa, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Homa

    Homa Guest

    My page contains 3 panels: pnlFile, pnlUploading, pnlDone.

    in pnlFile, I have a File tag to get the file name, and a button to
    upload the file.

    After the user click btnUpload, How do I send the page with
    pnlFile.Visible = false and pnlUpload.Visible = true when I'm doing
    the upload?

    Response.Flush() is not the answer....

    public btnUpload_Click(...)
    {
    pnlFile.Visible = false;
    pnlUploading.Visible = true;

    [ What to put here ]

    // TODO: Upload file

    // Done

    pnlUploading.Visible = false;
    pnlDone.Visible = ture;
    }

    Thanks,

    Homa Wong

    Homa, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Homa

    Arthur Mnev Guest

    use javascript to hide / unhide.
    During page load apply CSS style sheet with visible = false; then on form
    submit change the stylesheet to the one with visible = true with javascript.
    this will work as i have done it before.

    - Arthur

    Arthur Mnev, Feb 2, 2004