    Any tips ?

    Thanks.
    , May 2, 2008

  2. On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:24:20 -0700, sb5309 wrote:

    > I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
    > downloading a file.
    >
    > Any tips ?

    JProgressBar.

    Make sure that you do the download in a different thread using
    SwingWorker.

    Lionel.
    Lionel van den Berg, May 2, 2008

  3. Nigel Wade Guest

    wrote:

    > I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
    > downloading a file.
    >
    > Any tips ?

    Google. Given that you posted via Google Groups I'll assume that you know how to
    use it. Look at the archives for the comp.lang.java newsgroups and you'll find
    plenty of information on using progress bars.

    Read the Java Tutorials, particularly:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/uiswing/components/progress.html

    --
    Nigel Wade
    Nigel Wade, May 2, 2008
  4. Lionel van den Berg wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:24:20 -0700, sb5309 wrote:
    >> I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
    >> downloading a file.
    >>
    >> Any tips ?

    > JProgressBar.
    >
    > Make sure that you do the download in a different thread using
    > SwingWorker.

    For browser---web page ??

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 2, 2008
  5. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, May 2, 2008
  6. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    wrote:
    > I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
    > downloading a file.
    >
    > Any tips ?

    What you need is a download servlet that send the file to the browser
    while updating a bytes send / file size ratio.

    The download page then calls another servlet or JSP that displays
    that progress either via an iframe with refresh or some JavaScript
    (AJAX style).

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 3, 2008
  7. On Fri, 02 May 2008 17:55:38 -0400, Arne Vajhøj wrote:

    > Lionel van den Berg wrote:
    >> On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:24:20 -0700, sb5309 wrote:
    >>> I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
    >>> downloading a file.
    >>>
    >>> Any tips ?

    >> JProgressBar.
    >>
    >> Make sure that you do the download in a different thread using
    >> SwingWorker.

    > For browser---web page ??

    No probably not. I should have read the message. I saw progressbar and my
    mind didn't think about it much more. Would work with an applet though.
    Lionel van den Berg, May 6, 2008