Show progressbar while browser downloads file

sb5309

I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
downloading a file.

Any tips ?

Thanks.

Lionel van den Berg

I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
downloading a file.

Any tips ?

JProgressBar.

Make sure that you do the download in a different thread using
SwingWorker.

Lionel.

Arne Vajhøj

I need to display a progressbar on a web page while a browser is
downloading a file.

Any tips ?

What you need is a download servlet that send the file to the browser
while updating a bytes send / file size ratio.

The download page then calls another servlet or JSP that displays
that progress either via an iframe with refresh or some JavaScript
(AJAX style).

Arne

Lionel van den Berg

For browser---web page ??

No probably not. I should have read the message. I saw progressbar and my
mind didn't think about it much more. Would work with an applet though.