Show stopper problem!! Parser Error Message: Execute permission cannot be acquired

David Berman

Hello, I'm receiving an error reading the machine.config file when I try
to access my web application. This error came out of nowhere. After
searching many sites, googelizing and searching here, I've found others
with the same problem but no resolution. The problem for me (and for
others) came out of nowhere.

Here's the error message:Server Error in '/MyApp' Application.
--------

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Execution permission cannot be acquired.

Source Error:

Line 256: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 257: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile,
Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 258: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 259: </assemblies>
Line 260:

Source File:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config
Line: 258

--------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

If I look inside the source I see this stack:
[PolicyException]: Execution permission cannot be acquired.
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean
throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef,
Boolean stringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString,
Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
at System.Web.UI.CompilationConfiguration.LoadAssemblies(Hashtable
original)
[ConfigurationException]: Execution permission cannot be acquired.
(c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config line
258)
at System.Web.UI.CompilationConfiguration.LoadAssemblies(Hashtable
original)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.AppendConfigAssemblies()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PrepareParse()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()
at
System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
fCreateIfNotFound)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath()
at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at
System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser)
at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext
context)
at System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context)
at
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
context)
at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest
wr)

I did some reading which warned of problems with Index Server, but
that's already off. I also disabled Norton Anti-Virus. I deleted my
\bin files and rebooted. I deleted the temporary files for the project.
Still I can't get this to go away. The only thing that I know of doing
between this web app working and breaking is installing Macromedia
Shockwave viewer for my web browser.

Does anyone have any insite?

Thank you!

David

Meet people for friendship, contacts,
or romance using free instant messaging software! See a picture you
like? Click once for a private conversation with that person!

www.SocialNetwork.com