showDialogModal and arguments

andrei

Hi Group,

I need to open a modal window (a search form) from a link on the main form.
I'm also passing it a parameter - a table name, so the call looks like this:
res = window.showModalDialog("search.aspx", "PROD") in javascript, in
the main form.

Now I need to access the value of the parameter in Page_Load of the
search.aspx, so that I can load the information from the specified table and
then show the modal window.
But it seems I can only access the parameter in javascript, with
window.dialogArguments. And at that time it's already too late - the server
part has already run...

How can I do this ? Any ideas ?

Many thanks,
Andrei.

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

Juts a thought, but when you show the dialogue couldn't you just pass the
table name as an URL value

something like:
res = window.showModalDialog("search.aspx?tablename="PROD")

You could then get access to it in the page load event of search.aspx

--
Regards

John Timney (Microsoft ASP.NET MVP)
<shameless_author_plug>