ShowDialogModal postback on close (this is not related to multiple dialogs opening upon postback)

Jacky Chau

I have a modal dialog opened using window.showModalDialog. When that
modal dialog closes, it causes the parent form to postback. Is there
any way to stop it from forcing the parent page to postback? There's no
need for the parent page to postback when receiving data from the modal
dialog.

Bruce Barker

you've probably tired the open window to a submit button, this is what cause
the the postback (has nothing to do with the open window). just cancel the
postback

<input type="button" onclick="doWindowStuff();return false;">

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Ninjamyst

Yea. Originally, I had onclick="someFunction()" and the function
returns false. Didn't know i have to do onclick = "return
someFunction()". Thanks!