Showing a loading screen

graphicsxp

Hi,
I have can upload a file to the server from my aspx page using the
uploadfile control. When the user click on submit I'd like to show an
animated gif while the file is being uploaded. But how can I know when
the file was uploaded and I can stop showing the animation ?

The way I've done it:
I have a multiview control.
view1 -> upload interface
view2 -> animation while uploading
view3 -> feedback to the user saying the upload was successfull.

First probem: I can switch to view2 when the user clicked submit but
then I need to upload the file. I've tried in the activeviewchanged
event but then the view is only displayed once the file has been
uploaded...

Second problem: How can I know when to switch from view2 to view3....

Can you help? I'm struggling with this.:(

thank you

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

in genreral this will be difficult to do without an active/x control. a post
inculding a file, is treated by the browser as a page request. it will not
display a response until the upload finishes. you can start an animation
(make an invisible gif visibale), but genrally the browser shuts down the
animation thread while posting. you can have better luck with frames, by
posting to a hidden frame.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

graphicsxp

Thanks for replying. This is not very encouraging thought :(
I hope I'm going to find a better solution than hidden frames !