    PushButton I would like to open a new Form (modal or modeless) and
    then close it. What is the code to do that?

    Thank you from Franco

    Franco Fellico', Nov 21, 2004

  2. On 21 Nov 2004 00:22:30 -0800, Franco Fellico' wrote:

    > I am creating my first Java program

    Java learners are best helped on a different group..

    >..(with Jbuilder 7) ..

    Stop it. You won't learn much that way.
    <http://www.xdweb.net/~dibblego/java/faq/answers.html#Q34>
    Especially not..

    >..and clicking a PushButton

    ...when it introduces proprietary classes such as PushButton, or..

    >..I would like to open a new Form

    ...Form.

    >..(modal or modeless) and
    > then close it. What is the code to do that?

    You have two choices, as I see it.

    - Stop programming 'borland' and learn Java first*, or
    - Ask Borland how to use their classes.

    For the former, go to c.l.j.help.
    But consider this advice about GUI application's first..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#appfirst>

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 21, 2004

  3. Franco Fellico'

    Ann Guest

    "Franco Fellico'" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > I am creating my first Java program (with Jbuilder 7) and clicking a
    > PushButton I would like to open a new Form (modal or modeless) and
    > then close it. What is the code to do that?
    >
    > Thank you from Franco

    Hint: "new JFrame ... " or "new JDialog..."

    Ann, Nov 21, 2004
  4. Thank you Andrew.

    I know that first of all I must learn Java language, but I am doing it
    "in parallel" with a lot of test so, to go quickly, I prefer to learn
    it using the IDE that I have selected to be my future platform.

    I write programs and components from more then 40 years and I know
    many languages: different assemblers, Cobol, Visual basic and Pascal
    (that I use with Delphi IDE that I know very well) so I am sure that I
    can learn also Java not only teorically, but reading tutorial and in
    the same time testing each method immediately using a simple IDE.

    So, I thank you for your suggestions about what I must read; I am yet
    reading many and many tutorials but I was unable to find a answer to
    my need.

    Ann, as you can read here, said me that I must use "new JFrame" but in
    may case yet I have a object Frame (named MyFrame2) created using the
    IDE, so I need only to show it (in Delphi when I have a frame created,
    to see it I need only to show it using the show method).

    I will read sure also what you suggest me, but if you can write here a
    statement that can show the frame MyFrame2 that jBuider yet have
    created for me, that will be a good help to continue my study.

    My experience in programming will help me in understanding through
    examples, in fact when I see a example I don't copy it, but I
    understand why it work.

    Thank again Andrew and good luck. Franco in Italy

    Franco Fellico', Nov 22, 2004