Showing Images

Jonathan Wood

I want to show the small help image that comes with VS. It is a question
mark in a blue circle. It seems several versions are included.

There is a PNG file, which has transparancies. But IE appears to ignore the
trasparancy and instead draw a grey background.

There are several versions with a mask color, which I don't believe IE
supports.

I can of course modify the image. But making the background white does not
produce the desired effect if the Web page background was ever another
color.

What is the best way to hide the invisible areas of an image?

Thanks.

Jonathan

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Import the image into a graphic editing program that suppors GIF and set the
background color to be the transparency color. you can do this in PNG, as
well, but GIF is supported by even older browsers.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!

Jonathan Wood

Yeah, I guess I knew about GIF files. One problem with them is that, since
they don't have an alpha channel, aliasing can look bad against some
background colors.

But I guess PNG just isn't widely accepted at this point.

I was able to make GIF files that were acceptable.

Thanks.