    What is the best way to hide the invisible areas of an image?

    Thanks.

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Wood, Sep 16, 2006

  2. Import the image into a graphic editing program that suppors GIF and set the
    background color to be the transparency color. you can do this in PNG, as
    well, but GIF is supported by even older browsers.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside of the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Sep 16, 2006

  3. Yeah, I guess I knew about GIF files. One problem with them is that, since
    they don't have an alpha channel, aliasing can look bad against some
    background colors.

    But I guess PNG just isn't widely accepted at this point.

    I was able to make GIF files that were acceptable.

    Thanks.

    --
    Jonathan Wood
    SoftCircuits Programming