    pluginn for powerpoint must be placed on the page as well.
    Can someone help me out?

    Regards
    Harry Bellafonte, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Harry Bellafonte

    Auggie Guest

    "Harry Bellafonte" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > I want to open a simple powerpoint sheet in the browser window. What is
    > the best way to do that?
    > I have searched in this group and saw different people telling that the
    > pluginn for powerpoint must be placed on the page as well.
    > Can someone help me out?

    You can save the powerpoint page as a web page... click on "SAVE AS..."
    under the file menu
    Auggie, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Auggie wrote:

    > "Harry Bellafonte" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I want to open a simple powerpoint sheet in the browser window. What is
    >> the best way to do that?
    >> I have searched in this group and saw different people telling that the
    >> pluginn for powerpoint must be placed on the page as well.
    >> Can someone help me out?

    > You can save the powerpoint page as a web page... click on "SAVE AS..."
    > under the file menu

    I have given a Web-based presentation using S5 about 20 minutes ago. See an
    example at:

    http://www.schestowitz.com/Research/Presentations/Early_2005_Presentation

    or the short talk I have just given:

    http://www.schestowitz.com/Research/Progress/Reports/2004-2005/RSPRS072/

    S5 is free and it is one of my favourite CSS/JavaScript-based Web
    applications. You can download it and get full instructions at Eric Meyer's
    page:

    http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/

    Hope it helps,

    Roy
    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 28, 2005
  4. Harry Bellafonte

    ikke Guest

    > http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/
    >
    > Hope it helps,
    >
    > Roy

    Hmmmm in the past in holland when it whas your time to join the army
    and you behaved crazy stupid or what ever dumb behavior you could be
    send home with a paper called S5
    ikke, Jun 28, 2005
  5. Harry Bellafonte

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Harry Bellafonte wrote:

    > I want to open a simple powerpoint sheet in the browser window. What is
    > the best way to do that?

    Check out OpenOffice.org -- since version 1.1 it allows you to export a
    Powerpoint file as a Flash (SWF) movie. The betas of version 2.0
    apparently have even better support for Flash and allow fancy transitions
    between slides.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Jun 28, 2005
  6. Toby Inkster wrote:

    > Harry Bellafonte wrote:
    >
    >> I want to open a simple powerpoint sheet in the browser window. What is
    >> the best way to do that?

    > Check out OpenOffice.org -- since version 1.1 it allows you to export a
    > Powerpoint file as a Flash (SWF) movie. The betas of version 2.0
    > apparently have even better support for Flash and allow fancy transitions
    > between slides.

    SWF is not an open format. I am very surprised OpenOffice.org have gone as
    far as implementing that. They could opt for other, cleaner formats. Having
    said that, the source of the SWF is in OpenOffice.org format, which is
    open. So I guess it's okayish...

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com
    Roy Schestowitz, Jun 29, 2005
  7. Harry Bellafonte

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > SWF is not an open format.

    It kinda sorta is. To develop tools that use the SWF format you have to
    agree to a licence from Macromedia, but that said it's not such a nasty
    licence -- it indeminifies them from any damages (same as most Open Source
    licences do), ensures a bit of quality control (your Flash export function
    must not break in the latest version of the Flash Player for Windows, Mac
    and Linux at the time of release) and protects their trademark over the
    name "Macromedia Flash".

    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/open/licensing/fileformat/

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS