Showing raw xml from memory in an asp.net page

Jesse Liberty

Hi.

I'd like to create an xml document on the fly and then display it in an
asp.net page. I can use an iframe and point to a URL (which displays
perfectly), but I'd not like to save the xml to a file (it will be built as
I go along).

I can use the <asp:xml> control, but I don't want to have to write the XSLT,
I love the one I get for free within IFrame.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Joerg Jooss

Jesse said:
Hi.

I'd like to create an xml document on the fly and then display it in
an asp.net page. I can use an iframe and point to a URL (which
displays perfectly), but I'd not like to save the xml to a file (it
will be built as I go along).

I can use the <asp:xml> control, but I don't want to have to write
the XSLT, I love the one I get for free within IFrame.

Any suggestions?

Create a HttpHandler to deliver your dynamically created XML. That works
nicely with your IFRAME approach.

Cheers,