    and also show vote results (in the same iframe).

    Refreshing the entire page is a reqirement.

    What is the best way to do this? Thanks.
    newb guy, Dec 23, 2005

  2. newb guy wrote:

    > I need to create a system that solicits votes, and then shows the vote
    > results. Since multiple servers are involved, I plan to use an iframe to
    > show vote options, and once submit is clicked on, refresh the entire page,
    > and also show vote results (in the same iframe).

    So you want different parts of a form to be provided by different servers?
    It isn't possible to do this on the client. Even Javascript won't help due
    to cross domain scripting security restrictions.

    The best approach would be to have one server gather the questions from the
    different servers and then present the user with a single page.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Dec 23, 2005

  3. newb guy

    newb guy Guest

    Thanks, David:

    I actually think I can do it with javascript (getting a bit off html
    thread). Why can't the page that includes a small vote window (the 'calling
    page') call an html code segment that just shows vote options, via
    javascript (calling to a 'vote server'), and have the vote server capture
    the ip number or cookie the client, and then redirect to the same calling
    page, and then show the results by using cookie/ip address to track that the
    link inside the vote window was clicked on.

    newb guy, Dec 27, 2005
  4. newb guy wrote:

    > Thanks, David:

    Please do not top post.
    http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?How_to_post

    > I actually think I can do it with javascript (getting a bit off html
    > thread). Why can't the page that includes a small vote window (the
    > 'calling page') call an html code segment that just shows vote options,
    > via javascript (calling to a 'vote server'), and have the vote server
    > capture the ip number or cookie the client, and then redirect to the same
    > calling page, and then show the results by using cookie/ip address to
    > track that the link inside the vote window was clicked on.

    For the same reason that you can't open a page to Amazon.com and read the
    cookie information containing the user's authentication token.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Dec 28, 2005