    How would I go about doing this? We're using ASP.net 1.1..

    Many thanks for any help or advise.
    Andy

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Jun 14, 2006

  2. how easy this is depends on the structure of your page. the browser parses
    the html and renders it. for it to render before the structure is
    downloaded, it must be simple. the parts you want display must be above
    those you don't. don't dangle layout across sesctions. avoid tables, or
    output the complete table. be sure to turn page buffering off, and do a
    response.write of the completed sections.

    you can use frames and bust the page into fast parts and slow parts. you
    coudl also use an ajax approach, and have client script call back for the
    slow parts and render the html.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Jun 15, 2006

  3. Re: Showing some sections of a page while others are still downloa

    Thanks for the reply Bruce.
    Alas the pages are quite complex but I'll take on your recommendations and
    give it a go.
    Cheers!

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Jun 15, 2006