showModalDialog and loading DOMDocument synchronously causing error.

RK

Hi

I am using the following code in the button_click event in xxxxx.htm
page which is URL for the showModalDialog window.

function btnAddComment_Onclick()
{
var user_info = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");
user_info.async = false; *****causing the error.
user_info.load("../xml/userinfo.aspx");
}

user_info.asyc = false is throwing the error (Object doesnt support the
method or property. Do you want to debug?) This is happening only on
the production region and after I choose not to debug and click on the
button once again it is working fine.
Does anybody have ideas??

thanks in advance.
--RK

knocte

RK escribió:
Hi

I am using the following code in the button_click event in xxxxx.htm
page which is URL for the showModalDialog window.

function btnAddComment_Onclick()
{
var user_info = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument");
user_info.async = false; *****causing the error.
user_info.load("../xml/userinfo.aspx");
}

user_info.asyc = false is throwing the error (Object doesnt support the
method or property. Do you want to debug?) This is happening only on
the production region and after I choose not to debug and click on the
button once again it is working fine.
Does anybody have ideas??

thanks in advance.
--RK

Advice: don't use IE specific API.

Regards,

knocte

Jeff

Use the MS Script Editor included free with MS Office 2002 and above,
for debugging Internet Explorer (IE).

This subject is of great interest to many JS developers, as there is no
obvious, low cost way to do sophisticated debugging in
IE6 other than to use the debugger described below, which is horribly
documented otherwise. I feel debugging is an important aspect of
projecting the useability of the language and needs to be made more
clear for new users.

Jeff Papineau
(e-mail address removed)

<FAQENTRY>

This is a page that describes how to install and use the MS Script
Editor to debug Javascript in Internet Explorer ( IE ). It has a
powerful debugger built into it that works really well for developers
supporting IE5+. This debugger/editor included with most versions of
Microsoft Office.

http://www.mandala.com/javascript/debug_javascript.html

..NET programmers may have better tools (VStudio) but this comes in
really handy for anyone developing with JSP and PHP and other dynamic
scripting languages which embed javascript, as well as any HTML page
using Javascript in Internet Explorer that needs a (almost) free
debugging environment.

</FAQENTRY>