showModalDialog() Jumping to Bottom of Popup's Body

Jamie Jackson

I'm using showModalDialog() to popup a window with some long text,
followed by a couple of form elements. The content of the popup
scrolls, since the content is longer to than the window. However, when
it first opens, it is positioned at the bottom of the modal window's
content, so one has to scroll to see the beginning of the content. It
happens to be positioning the window so the bottom of the submit
button is at the bottom of the popup.

Does anyone have any idea how to get the dialog to have the uppermost
text positioned where it should be (at the top)?

I tried popping up the url with ...#top at the end, and adding an
anchor to the start of the popup content, but had no luck.

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Jackson

No bites on this thread, so let me shorten it...

I've got a popup window (details below), and whenever it opens up, it
jumps to a submit button at the bottom of the page's content.
Therefore, a visitor has to scroll up to read the uppermost content.

Any idea why this is happening, and how to prevent it?

Thanks,
Jamie