    the dialog and have the string accessable from both server side code and
    client side within the dialog recever file ?

    thanks.

    Charles Gamble, Feb 2, 2005

  2. Charles Gamble

    Patrice Guest

    Whzere do you need those information. Could you pass a "handle" allowing to
    retrive the info server side...

    --

    de news:%...

    Patrice, Feb 2, 2005

  3. Hi Could you please ellaborate more on your idea regarding a handle - a
    handle to what object are you suggesting? I need to access the string
    parameter from server side code in the receiving page. This is why I
    can't use the DialogArguments as this relies on the server side code
    knowing about the window class which I don't believe it can becuase it
    is server side. Any further help appreciated!

    thanks for interest.

    Charles Gamble, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Charles Gamble

    Patrice Guest

    Do you need these values client side ? If not you don't need to transport
    those values client side. Instead you could just have client side an "ID".
    This ID is used server side to retrieve those values from whatever data
    store best fit your needs during the next HTTP request.

    You could for example :
    - store those values in one or more session variables, this is then handled
    for you
    - store those values in a file (likely uniquely named using as GUID), client
    side you'll transmit this GUID so that on the next request you know from
    which file to retrieve those data
    - it could be the id of a record in the database
    and so on...

    It all depends on wether or not you need those data client side...

    Hope it's a bit clearer...

    Patrice

    Patrice, Feb 2, 2005