shutdown.al reported missing

Frederik Vanrenterghem

I ran into a problem with a program gsr.pl on my iPAQ that has a (likely
somewhat broken) perl 5.8.4 from Familiar Linux 0.8.2. It's likely
broken because I've had to manually add a lot of modules, some of
which had to be compiled on the handheld. There things might have
gone somewhat south... Anyway, the error is as follows:

Can't locate
auto/Net/SMTP/Server/Client/shutdown.al in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.4/arm-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.4
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/arm-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/root/GSR_0.8.0/gsr.pl line 456

That section of the script is as follows:
445 sub dienice {
446 my ($txt) = @_;
447
448 if ( $daemon >= 1 ) {
449 syslog('info', $txt);
450 syslog('info',"Aborting");
451 }
452 else {
453 printf("\n$txt\n");
454 printf("Aborting\n\n");
455 }
456 if ($client) {$client->shutdown;}
457 exit 1;
458 }

I can't find much on google about problems like this, so I don't really
know where to go to solve things.

Thx,

--
Frederik Vanrenterghem Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
http://vanrenterghem.biz

Sisyphus

Frederik Vanrenterghem said:
[...]

$client is a Net/SMTP/Server/Client.pm object - and you have called the
'shutdown' method on that object. But Net/SMTP/Server/Client.pm defines no
such method - so perl looks for it in the above '.al' file, can't find it,
and complains about that.

I couldn't find anything in the source that makes me think that
'$client->shutdown;' ought to do anything other than produce that error
(assuming $client is a Net/SMTP/Server/Client.pm object). Let us know if I
missed something :)

Cheers,
Rob