Side bar one pixel out

Alex Dutton

Hi

Please look at www.easy-putt.com and have a look at the right hand side and
you will see that the side bar is not aligned, I have been looking at the
code for ages now and can't seem to work it out, can someone please look and
pass on any comments.

Thanks
Alex

Karl Core

Aceicol

Urmmm Not really what I asked but I am always willing for advice.

How do I go about setting leftmargin and topmargin to Zero though if they
aren't valid attributes. Also the fact that it doesn't recognise the Link
element, how else would I go about linking my stylesheet.

I read a HTML book and it suggested that the way to design a page was with a
table, I didn't think that I had done anything out of the ordinary as far as
tables are concerned.

Thanks
Alex

Karl Core

Aceicol said:
Urmmm Not really what I asked but I am always willing for advice.

How do I go about setting leftmargin and topmargin to Zero though if they
aren't valid attributes. Also the fact that it doesn't recognise the Link
element, how else would I go about linking my stylesheet.

I read a HTML book and it suggested that the way to design a page was with
table, I didn't think that I had done anything out of the ordinary as far
as
tables are concerned.

Thanks
Alex

First, please do not top-post.
Second, please visit the FAQ - http://www.html-faq.com/faq.php and
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl
Third, do not read books that recommend using tables for anything other than
tabular data. Tables are intended to hold items which are data, such as
addresses, etc. They are not intended to be used to position elements of
content.
Since it appears that you are new, you're exempted from ridicule on this
one, but it would also be a good opportunity to learn the right way. CSS is
what you should be using to dictate presentation. HTML is intended to define
the content.

These oughta get you started.

http://www.w3schools.com/css
http://glish.com/css/
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/
http://www.csszengarden.com/
http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/boxes.html

-Karl

rf

Alex Dutton
Hi

Please look at www.easy-putt.com and have a look at the right hand side and
you will see that the side bar is not aligned, I have been looking at the
code for ages now and can't seem to work it out, can someone please look and
pass on any comments.

It's the peekaboo bug. Google for it.

Lois

"Aceicol" asked:
: How do I go about setting leftmargin and topmargin to Zero though if they
: aren't valid attributes.

With CSS:

body {margin: 0px;}

Lois

WebcastMaker

Please look at www.easy-putt.com and have a look at the right hand side and
you will see that the side bar is not aligned, I have been looking at the
code for ages now and can't seem to work it out, can someone please look and
pass on any comments.

If your dead set on that design, it could easily be done with divs. 3
divs, each with a background image. The middle divs background should
have no corners so it repeats. This is where your text goes. The best
advice for you would be to spend about an hour reading at
www.w3schools.com.