Sign Applet

Max

Hello I have try to sign an applet by mySelft :

jarsigner -keypass testpass -signedjar s_main.jar main.jar tester
Enter Passphrase for keystore: tester

Warning: The signer certificate will expire within six months.

When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

I click "ok" .
But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception :-(

Why ?

max

Andrew Thompson

Hello I have try to sign an applet

URL? Where is your applet?
..by mySelft :

Is tricky, but good.
When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla . ....
But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception :-(

What is the exact message (or at
least first 10 lines)?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

What version of Java are you running?

Why not? ;-)

Max

URL? Where is your applet?

http://192.168.1.131 (localhost)
Is tricky, but good.

Tricky yes :)
But it is only in order to test .
What is the exact message (or at
least first 10 lines)?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.awt.AWTPermission
createRobot)
What version of Java are you running?
<http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>
1.5.0

Why not? ;-)
Because I drink Martini and I go at church every week-end :)

max

Roedy Green

When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

test out http://mindprod.com/wassup.html to see if the problem is with
IE or with your applet.

Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

Max

Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

It work nice .
I see restricted property .

But your code don't use the Robot class :
is this a difference between my code and your code ?

max

Andrew Thompson

It work nice .
I see restricted property .

But your code don't use the Robot class :
is this a difference between my code and your code ?

There are probably various differences,
I cannot bring that page up at the moment
(is it my imagination, or is the internet
about to melt-down?)

I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
testing security or signing, just Java
versions.

This is a lot easier to do with _your_ URL,
_your_ applet..

Where is it?

Roedy Green

I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
testing security or signing, just Java
versions.

It was just a simple signed Applet. If it worked it proved he had
Java installed correctly, and it would tell him which version he had
installed.

The idea was to separate browser problems from coding problems.

Max

The idea was to separate browser problems from coding problems.

Can you point me at commercial applet-certificate that i buy for testing
(under 20$) or
deployment (under 200$) purpose ?

max

Max

Where is it?

Is on my localhost !
If you want I can send you the applet in email !

max

Andrew Thompson

"]
I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
testing security or signing, just Java
versions.

It was just a simple signed Applet. If it worked it proved he had
Java installed correctly, and it would tell him which version he had
installed.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I did not realize your page
_did_ test the important parts of what
the OP needed to know. I should have
visited the page before opening my
(big) mouth!

I have a different strategy for Java
versioning available at..
<http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>
Soon I will be introducing ones more
designed for the end user, those pages
will be pure HTML (to the casual observer).

By the way, your site is looking great,
glad to see you are expanding/udating it. :)

Andrew Thompson

Way funky, cheers*. I have been meaning to
drop you an email suggesting various links
that may be of interest, but I'll have a
good trawl round your site first, and if I
spot any appropriate pages I'll make a note.

But then, I've been meaning to do the 'trawl'
so I can flesh out my FAQ with a bunch of links
to the Java Glossary, and to help establish
the things I _don't_ need to demonstrate on my
site, because they are already on yours.

* I'll also link to the wassup page, very handy.