    But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception :-(

    Why ?

    max
    Max, Apr 2, 2004

  2. On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:56:05 +0200, Max wrote:

    > Hello I have try to sign an applet

    URL? Where is your applet?

    >..by mySelft :

    Is tricky, but good.

    > When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
    > do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

    > But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception :-(

    What is the exact message (or at
    least first 10 lines)?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    What version of Java are you running?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>

    > Why ?

    Why not? ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Max

    Max Guest

    http://192.168.1.131 (localhost)

    > >..by mySelft :

    > Is tricky, but good.

    Tricky yes :)
    But it is only in order to test .

    > > When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
    > > do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

    > > But When the applet is running , I see a Security Exception :-(

    > What is the exact message (or at
    > least first 10 lines)?
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.awt.AWTPermission
    createRobot)

    > What version of Java are you running?
    > <http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>

    1.5.0

    > Why not? ;-)

    Because I drink Martini and I go at church every week-end :)

    max
    Max, Apr 2, 2004
  4. Max

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:56:05 +0200, "Max" <> wrote or quoted
    :

    >When I try to run the applet in InternetExplorer I see :
    >do you want to accept applet signed by bla bla bla bla bla .

    test out http://mindprod.com/wassup.html to see if the problem is with
    IE or with your applet.

    Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
    ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Max

    Max Guest

    > Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
    > ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

    It work nice .
    I see restricted property .

    But your code don't use the Robot class :
    is this a difference between my code and your code ?

    max
    Max, Apr 3, 2004
  6. On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:50:38 +0200, Max wrote:

    >> Look at the console to make sure you are using a recent java, not the
    >> ancient JVM that used to come with IE.

    > It work nice .
    > I see restricted property .
    >
    > But your code don't use the Robot class :
    > is this a difference between my code and your code ?

    There are probably various differences,
    I cannot bring that page up at the moment
    (is it my imagination, or is the internet
    about to melt-down?)

    I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
    testing security or signing, just Java
    versions.

    This is a lot easier to do with _your_ URL,
    _your_ applet..

    Where is it?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Apr 4, 2004
  7. Max

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 06:35:26 GMT, Andrew Thompson
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
    >testing security or signing, just Java
    >versions.

    It was just a simple signed Applet. If it worked it proved he had
    Java installed correctly, and it would tell him which version he had
    installed.

    The idea was to separate browser problems from coding problems.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 8, 2004
  8. Max

    Max Guest

    > The idea was to separate browser problems from coding problems.

    Can you point me at commercial applet-certificate that i buy for testing
    (under 20$) or
    deployment (under 200$) purpose ?

    max
    Max, Apr 8, 2004
  9. Max

    Max Guest

    > Where is it?

    Is on my localhost !
    If you want I can send you the applet in email !

    max
    Max, Apr 8, 2004

    Re: <http://mindprod.com/wassup.html>
    >>I doubt Roedy's code was specifically
    >>testing security or signing, just Java
    >>versions.

    > It was just a simple signed Applet. If it worked it proved he had
    > Java installed correctly, and it would tell him which version he had
    > installed.

    My bad. I did not realize your page
    _did_ test the important parts of what
    the OP needed to know. I should have
    visited the page before opening my
    (big) mouth!

    I have a different strategy for Java
    versioning available at..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>
    Soon I will be introducing ones more
    designed for the end user, those pages
    will be pure HTML (to the casual observer).

    By the way, your site is looking great,
    glad to see you are expanding/udating it. :)

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Apr 8, 2004
  11. On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:21:54 +0200, Max wrote:

    >> Where is it?

    > Is on my localhost !

    Geocities is free.
    There are others as well.

    Applets are _very_ much easier to debug
    if _others_ can point their browsers at them.

    Have a look at what I have to say about applets in,
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp>
    particularly the sections just after..
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/sscce.jsp#eg>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Apr 8, 2004
  12. Max

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 08:21:02 +0200, "Max" <> wrote or quoted
    :

    >Can you point me at commercial applet-certificate that i buy for testing
    >(under 20$) or
    >deployment (under 200$) purpose ?

    You can roll your own for free. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keytool.html for detailed instructions.

    I suggest buying actually leasing one from Thawte. see
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/certificate.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 8, 2004
  13. Max

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Apr 8, 2004
  14. On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 21:36:40 GMT, Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 12:07:24 GMT, Andrew Thompson
    > <> wrote or quoted :
    >
    >><http://www.physci.org/codes/jre.jsp>

    > thanks I have added a link under
    > http://mindprod.com/jgloss/wassup.html

    Way funky, cheers*. I have been meaning to
    drop you an email suggesting various links
    that may be of interest, but I'll have a
    good trawl round your site first, and if I
    spot any appropriate pages I'll make a note.

    But then, I've been meaning to do the 'trawl'
    so I can flesh out my FAQ with a bunch of links
    to the Java Glossary, and to help establish
    the things I _don't_ need to demonstrate on my
    site, because they are already on yours.

    * I'll also link to the wassup page, very handy.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Apr 8, 2004