    When the 11th user logs in, the server logs out the 1st user and logs in the
    11th (kicks out the first to make room for the last)

    thnx
    Ryan Moore, May 6, 2004

  2. Ryan Moore

    Patrice Guest

    I would something like :
    - when a user logs in, its session id is registered in a list
    - if the list contains more than 10 userers then the first is to be removed.
    - could perhpas sotre this in a queue in an application variable.

    I would avoid this myself as this is a bit annoying
    If you really have I would rather prevent the last one to log rahter than to
    fire someone that could be active.

    Any reason for doing so ?

    Patrice

    Patrice, May 6, 2004

  3. Ryan Moore

    Ryan Moore Guest

    How do you "Sign Out" another user's session.... Session.Remove?

    Ryan Moore, May 6, 2004
  4. Ryan Moore

    Patrice Guest

    This is Session.Abandon...

    I wouldn't want to insist too much but I would still consider this design.
    For example if I'm fired, I could log in again and would fire then the first
    connected user who could reconnect then etc...

    Patrice, May 7, 2004
  5. Ryan Moore

    Ryan Moore Guest

    Yes, I agree. the example I used is not the way the application will
    actually work, just an example of the type of function I'm trying to
    accomplish.

    thnx

    Ryan Moore, May 7, 2004