signal for kill -9

Miguel

What signal have I to take into account in order to capture the 'kill -9
[PID]' call from command shell?

the code is something like this

void manager(int i){
printf("%d\n",i);
system("chmod 644 prueba.mig");
exit(0);
}

int main(){
int fd;
signal(SIGINT,manager);
signal(SIGKILL,manager);
fd = create("prueba.mig");
while(1==1){}
}

thank you in advance.

Miguel

ramashishb

Miguel said:
What signal have I to take into account in order to capture the 'kill -9
[PID]' call from command shell?

9 is SIGKILL. But you can't capture it. Also 19 or SIGSTOP can't be
captured.

Alex Buell

What signal have I to take into account in order to capture the 'kill
-9 [PID]' call from command shell?

You cannot do that. If it was possible to capture that, you'd end up
with processes that cannot be killed off. You'd have to power-cycle.

Tomás

Miguel posted:
What signal have I to take into account in order to capture the 'kill -9
[PID]' call from command shell?

God::Communicate::AskPlatformSpecificQuestion();

-Tomás