signal/noise ratio changing for the worse :-|

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Josef 'Jupp' Schugt, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Saluton!

    I came home from the local Linux users meeting, started my Ruby
    script that downloads mails that are not identified as unwanted and
    was very irritated to see an awful lot of them filed into the
    ruby-lang folder. I was sure it could not be the Windows Worm of the
    Day (TM) because today's worm is about 100 KB and does therefore
    qualify as unwanted. My next thought was: So the
    Mail-to-News-and-vice-versa gateway is running berserk. I was
    prepared to see lots of identical messages.

    I was not prepared to face lots of noise meathreads. If that is going
    to become common I'll consider switching back to news mode because
    newsreaders are better suited for noisy groups with lots of messages
    you want to ignore.

    Gis,

    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
    --
    N'attribuez jamais à la malice ce que l'incompétence explique !
    -- Napoléon
    Josef 'Jupp' Schugt, Aug 21, 2003