Signal zaehl cannot be synthesized

Joined
Apr 16, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys! I've got a problem with my vhdl code. I am very new at programming in this language and for this reason i am not be able to find the mistake. I tried hard without success. Signal zaehl cannot be synthesized, bad synchronous description. I hope somebody can help me. Furthermore, this project must be programmed at school.

ENTITY zaehler IS
PORT ( clock, zuendung, automatik : in std_logic;
katnr, rauf, runter ,sperr_ext :in bit;
leda, ledb, ledc, ledd, lede, ledf, ledg, dp, ledrauf, ledrunter, ledkatnr, transistor1, transistor2 :eek:ut bit);
END zaehler ;

ARCHITECTURE number_one OF zaehler IS

signal gang : std_logic_vector (2 downto 0);
signal zaehl : std_logic_vector (5 downto 0);-- badsynchronous description
signal zaehl_sperr : std_logic_vector (6 downto 0);
signal zaehl_auto : std_logic_vector (7 downto 0);
signal gang_alt : std_logic_vector (2 downto 0);

BEGIN

PROCESS (clock, zuendung, automatik, katnr, zaehl, zaehl_sperr, zaehl_auto, gang, gang_alt, rauf, runter, sperr_ext)
BEGIN
transistor1 <= '0';
transistor2 <= '1';
gang <= "001";
zaehl<= "000000";
zaehl_sperr <= "1010101";
zaehl_auto <= "00000000";

Joined
Mar 29, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Remove the signals zaehl, zaehl_sperr, zaehl_auto, gang & gang_alt from the sensitivity list and the problem should be solved. Put only signals that you want your process to trigger on, for instance clock and reset for a synchronous architecture, in the sensitivity list.

The reason you get the error on 'zaehl' is probably because it is the first one in the list.

Martin