Signature classes have been tampered with

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tim Slattery, Dec 6, 2010.

  1. Tim Slattery

    Tim Slattery Guest

    We're using Entrust file encryption products. I have a program running
    under WebLogic using their jar files, which works fine. To start out,
    you create a com.entrust.toolkit.User object, then call the "login"
    method on it passing the name of a certificate file (in their .epf
    format) and a password.

    Another programmer in the office is writing a standalone Java program
    to read the files that I'm encrypting. He makes the same call but gets
    "Signature classes have been tampered with"

    from someplace in the javax.crypto package (which must be called from
    the Entrust package, we don't call it ourselves).

    Has anybody run into this? How can we get around it?

    --
    Tim Slattery

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt
    Tim Slattery, Dec 6, 2010

  2. Tim Slattery

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 14:14:17 -0500, Tim Slattery <>

    >Another programmer in the office is writing a standalone Java program
    >to read the files that I'm encrypting. He makes the same call but gets
    >"Signature classes have been tampered with"

    You must use the exact same key to sign everything.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    In programming, and documenting programs, keep vocabulary consistent and precisely defined! Variation in vocabulary to relieve the tedium is for novels.
    Roedy Green, Dec 7, 2010