Signature classes have been tampered with

Tim Slattery

We're using Entrust file encryption products. I have a program running
under WebLogic using their jar files, which works fine. To start out,
you create a com.entrust.toolkit.User object, then call the "login"
method on it passing the name of a certificate file (in their .epf
format) and a password.

Another programmer in the office is writing a standalone Java program
to read the files that I'm encrypting. He makes the same call but gets
"Signature classes have been tampered with"

from someplace in the javax.crypto package (which must be called from
the Entrust package, we don't call it ourselves).

Has anybody run into this? How can we get around it?

Roedy Green

Another programmer in the office is writing a standalone Java program
to read the files that I'm encrypting. He makes the same call but gets
"Signature classes have been tampered with"

You must use the exact same key to sign everything.