Signed applet / IE 6

Dave Miller

Hello -

I have a program at www.fundableplans.com. It uses 1.4 signed applets on
the client side.

I have a user who not only just gets the "gray box" he does not even get
the alert popup to accept my code. IE just balks at downloading the jar.

I have had him reinstall the JVM (1.4). I went through both the Internet
Options -> advanced and Internet Options -> security screens to check
that he did not have anything there out of the ordinary (he didn't).

I had him go to a site with an unsigned applet - no problems with
viewing and using.

Any ideas as to what is blocking the signed download?

TIA

DM

Roedy Green

Any ideas as to what is blocking the signed download?
Try downloading wassup, which is signed. We want to find out if it is
a problem with signing generally, or with your jar in particular.

See http://mindprod.com/wassup.html

Also read http://mindprod.com/jgloss/applet.html to be sure your
applet tags are right.

Finally use Winzip to look in the jar to make sure all the directory
names are right.

Next turn on the Java console, try your test, and report back its
complaint in full.

Roedy Green

I doubt if it's the jar - he is one of many customers and the only one
with this issue. I uninstalled the certificate on three seperate
computers - all reinstalled after a popup alert.

Start by making sure the customer has a recent Java installed. They
may have an old 1.1.4 MS JVM.