    Does any more experienced java guy here have other opinion on this ?

    Thank you for your comments,
    Krist
    Krist, May 14, 2010

  2. Krist

    markspace Guest

    Krist wrote:

    > Editing the client's java.policy file seems to be a lot more simpler
    > to do to meet our requirement.

    Really? You want end users to edit policy files on their own hard disc?
    I greatly doubt most users will even understand, let alone actually
    give you permission. I personally would rather use the confirmation dialog.
    markspace, May 14, 2010

  3. Krist

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 14 May 2010 02:59:26 -0700 (PDT), Krist <>

    >Editing the client's java.policy file seems to be a lot more simpler
    >to do to meet our requirement.

    This is usually extremely difficult to do.

    1. you can't edit policy files that are not part of your corporation.

    2. you need admin permission to do it in house.

    3. You have to modify and maintain multiple policy files for all your
    clients.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    Beauty is our business.
    ~ Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (born: 1930-05-11 died: 2002-08-06 at age: 72)

    Referring to computer science.
    Roedy Green, May 15, 2010
  4. On May 14, 7:59 pm, Krist <> wrote:
    > ..Thank you for your comments,