Signed SAML response in .net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Ilkay Benian, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Ilkay Benian

    Ilkay Benian Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to verify a signed SAML reponse. It's an enveloped signature
    with following format:

    <Response ResponseID="xxx" >
    <ds:Signature> ...
    <ds:Reference URI="xxx">

    I use SignedXML class in the MS WSE library. This class works as expected
    when the Reference element refers to an element with Id="xxx". But for SAML
    must tell the SignedXML to use ReponseID to find the Reference! I've tried
    to hack it by changing the ds:Reference URI="", so that it would implicitly
    refer to the top element. But it didn't work!

    When I run a search on the internet, I see similar problems but no
    appropriate solutions.

    If you have any experience/idea, please respond.

    Thanks.

    Ilkay Benian, Dec 1, 2003