    variable with the utility program.

    or do you have another idea?

    KaaN
    KaaN, Jan 15, 2004

  2. KaaN

    Keith Guest

    Yikes, that's not a very nice thing to do to your users.

    There is no safe way to do this because you really can't
    access the sessions of other users from an existing
    session. You can't really put a reference to the users
    session as they session_start in the application scope
    because each users data is protected I believe.

    You could create an application level flag though such as:

    Application("Logoff") = True

    or something, check on each page if it's true and if so
    you could then abandon the session and redirect them to
    login. That's about as good as it'll get.

    Personally, the easiest route is to make the program so
    that any application scoped data is pulled when it's need
    by each session. I'm not sure the driver for this
    session ending effect you're looking for. Perhaps the
    flag above is the safest and most reliable approach, but
    make sure it's the first thing in your Page_Load.

    variables of my
    >another application. it is some kind of a web.config

    editor.

    >i want all users that are signed in to be signed out

    when i change any

    Keith, Feb 1, 2004