signing out all users

KaaN

hi,

i have written an aplication that changes some global variables of my
another application. it is some kind of a web.config editor.

i want all users that are signed in to be signed out when i change any
variable with the utility program.

or do you have another idea?

KaaN
(e-mail address removed)

Keith

Yikes, that's not a very nice thing to do to your users.

There is no safe way to do this because you really can't
access the sessions of other users from an existing
session. You can't really put a reference to the users
session as they session_start in the application scope
because each users data is protected I believe.

You could create an application level flag though such as:

Application("Logoff") = True

or something, check on each page if it's true and if so
you could then abandon the session and redirect them to
login. That's about as good as it'll get.

Personally, the easiest route is to make the program so
that any application scoped data is pulled when it's need
by each session. I'm not sure the driver for this
session ending effect you're looking for. Perhaps the
flag above is the safest and most reliable approach, but
make sure it's the first thing in your Page_Load.