Silent Install

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

Is there a way to make my Setup Project do a Silent Install. I have 10
computers that all need my program installed on them. If I would just
execute the Setup without having to click "Next", "Next", "Next" ......
That would be great.

Thanks,

Chuck

Phil Wilson

Run with a command line (or equivalent with API or script call):
msiexec /i <path to msi> /q
and there are a number of /q choices.
An issue you might have is that VS setup projects default to "Just me"
rather than "Everyone". You can detour this by editing the MSI file with
Orca, the Property table: Change the FolderForm_AllUsers property to ALL and
add a property ALLUSERS (case-sensitive) with a value of 1.