    printed to printer silently (without any previewing on client side ) ?

    Thank you,
    Krist

    Krist, Sep 11, 2009

  2. Krist

    Lew Guest

    Krist wrote:
    > dear sir,
    >
    > In our JSF/JSP application we have requirement to print Invoice from
    > client side on web browser.
    >
    > The requirement is : when user press print button, the report get
    > printed to printer silently (without any previewing on client side ) ?

    Every browser I've used has a print button. How silent that is depends on
    whether you're using a line printer, dot matrix, laser, ink jet, ...

    Whether they preview it is not controllable from the server side. It's client
    behavior and therefore outside the server application's demesne.

    For fine-grained control of the appearance of the printed matter, use
    something like iText to generate an RTF or PDF version. Again, whether that
    goes directly to printer is controlled by client-side settings, not server side.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Sep 11, 2009

  3. Krist

    Wojtek Guest

    Krist wrote :
    > dear sir,
    >
    > In our JSF/JSP application we have requirement to print Invoice from
    > client side on web browser.
    >
    > The requirement is : when user press print button, the report get
    > printed to printer silently (without any previewing on client side ) ?

    Use javascript.print()

    Google javascript print for examples and so forth

    --
    Wojtek :)

    Wojtek, Sep 11, 2009
  4. Krist

    Wojtek Guest

    Lew wrote :
    > Krist wrote:
    >> dear sir,
    >>
    >> In our JSF/JSP application we have requirement to print Invoice from
    >> client side on web browser.
    >>
    >> The requirement is : when user press print button, the report get
    >> printed to printer silently (without any previewing on client side ) ?

    > Every browser I've used has a print button.

    Not if you open a new window and specify that there is to be no
    toolbar.

    google javascript window open

    > How silent that is depends on
    > whether you're using a line printer, dot matrix, laser, ink jet, ...

    LOL

    --
    Wojtek :)

    Wojtek, Sep 11, 2009
  5. On Sep 12, 11:27 pm, Sherm Pendley <> wrote:
    > Wojtek <> writes:
    > > Lew wrote :

    > >> Every browser I've used has a print button.

    > > Not if you open a new window and specify that there is to be no
    > > toolbar.

    > So, don't do that. ...

    Agreed. For the person that suggested that, note that
    'Ctrl n' in one of the more popular browsers will produce
    that same page in a proper windowed browser view - so it
    is easy to blow away any 'security' provided by lack of
    a toolbar (but still irritating to see it used).

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org

    Andrew Thompson, Sep 13, 2009
  6. Krist wrote:

    > dear sir,

    there are no madams in cljp? ;-)

    > In our JSF/JSP application we have requirement to print Invoice from
    > client side on web browser.

    Change that requirement, it's useless. You're not able to let the
    client choose which printer should be used with the effect that e.g.
    in my case you would try to fax it.

    > The requirement is : when user press print button, the report get
    > printed to printer silently (without any previewing on client side ) ?

    Are the users unknown, i.e. not inside an intranet: Forget it.
    If they are inside an intranet, the JSP-server can print on the
    user's printer directly which would solve yuor problem.

    Regards, Lothar
    --
    Lothar Kimmeringer E-Mail:

    questions!

    Lothar Kimmeringer, Sep 13, 2009
  7. Krist

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Lothar Kimmeringer wrote:
    > Krist wrote:
    >> dear sir,

    > there are no madams in cljp? ;-)

    May depend on what meaning of "madam" you are talking about.

    :)

    Arme

    Arne Vajhøj, Sep 13, 2009
  8. Krist

    Wojtek Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote :
    > On Sep 12, 11:27 pm, Sherm Pendley <> wrote:
    >> Wojtek <> writes:

    >>> Not if you open a new window and specify that there is to be no
    >>> toolbar.

    >> So, don't do that. ...

    > Agreed. For the person that suggested that, note that
    > 'Ctrl n' in one of the more popular browsers will produce
    > that same page in a proper windowed browser view - so it
    > is easy to blow away any 'security' provided by lack of
    > a toolbar (but still irritating to see it used).

    No, not security. ALL security is handled at the server.

    I create a totally "empty" browser window, just a frame really. I gain
    quite a bit of real estate in the process (internal web app).

    --
    Wojtek :)

    Wojtek, Sep 14, 2009
  9. Krist

    jatima123

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    ActiveTree Silent Print for Free!

    ActiveTree offers both online silent printing for free and also makes the silent printing web application downloadable for free to install and use from your own system,

    Check SmartJPrint downloadable at http://www.activetree.com

    jatima123, Aug 18, 2012