Silly ID question

Discussion in 'XML' started by Soren Kuula, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Soren Kuula

    Soren Kuula Guest

    Hi,

    I'm writing a DocBool article.

    1) I would like to have each chapter in a separate file, so I just do like :
    <!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
    "http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"[
    <!ENTITY mp "Marco Polo">
    <!ENTITY milione "Il Milione">
    <!ENTITY chap1 SYSTEM "embedsdiskussion.xml">
    <!ENTITY chap2 SYSTEM "konklusion.xml">
    <!ENTITY bibliography SYSTEM "bibliografi.xml">
    ]>

    <article>
    <title>An Article</title>
    <para>Blah Blah</para>
    &chap1;
    &chap2;
    &bibliography;
    </article>

    Now is there any way I can make ID references between element in this
    document and, say, the bibliography ?

    Also, I would like to declare some entities in the chapter documents for
    local use in those. But it seems I cannot include a doctype in those,
    and therefore no DTD extension, right ?
    Any other way to declare entities in the chapter documents ?

    Thanks.

    Soren
    --
    Fjern de 4 bogstaver i min mailadresse som er indsat for at hindre s...
    Remove the 4 letter word meaning "junk mail" in my mail address.
    Soren Kuula, Dec 15, 2003