Silly ID question

Soren Kuula

Hi,

I'm writing a DocBool article.

1) I would like to have each chapter in a separate file, so I just do like :
<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
"http://www.docbook.org/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd"[
<!ENTITY mp "Marco Polo">
<!ENTITY milione "Il Milione">
<!ENTITY chap1 SYSTEM "embedsdiskussion.xml">
<!ENTITY chap2 SYSTEM "konklusion.xml">
<!ENTITY bibliography SYSTEM "bibliografi.xml">
]>

<article>
<title>An Article</title>
<para>Blah Blah</para>
&chap1;
&chap2;
&bibliography;
</article>

Now is there any way I can make ID references between element in this
document and, say, the bibliography ?

Also, I would like to declare some entities in the chapter documents for
local use in those. But it seems I cannot include a doctype in those,
and therefore no DTD extension, right ?
Any other way to declare entities in the chapter documents ?

Thanks.

Soren