Silverlight 1.1 release?

Cirene

Will v1.1 Silverlight be released at the end of the month along with Visual
Studio 2008? Thanks!

Mark Fitzpatrick

I don't think so. I haven't heard anything about it being released this
year. Technically, the only release of Silverlight 1.1 is still an Alpha so
it's still truly pre-beta. I'm not sure if they're going to have it out for
the official launch of VS 2008 in February or not as I haven't heard
anything definitive about that.

No, that's not in the plan that has been announced.

Mark Rae [MVP]

I don't think so. I haven't heard anything about it being released this
year. Technically, the only release of Silverlight 1.1 is still an Alpha
so it's still truly pre-beta.
Correct.

I'm not sure if they're going to have it out for the official launch of VS
2008 in February or not as I haven't heard anything definitive about that.

I've heard that that's the plan, but I've also heard that it's likely to
slip...

If you've used the current alpha release, it's not hard to see why - it's
nowhere near ready yet...

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The final 1.0 bits will be there, as the tools are already in place as of
beta 2. The 1.1 bits may be out in February, but I have not heard anything
definitive. I have read, somewhere, that 1.1 release in Feb is the plan, but
I do not remember the site, so I would call it conjecture right now.

Cirene

Thanks everyone! And, according to the MS guys, VS.NET 2008 will be out at
the END OF NOVEMBER!!!! :) Weeeeeee